LINKS AND RESOURCES
The following links and resources are provided as a courtesy to our clients and others who are seeking additional details on common defects found in homes that we inspect.
- Please note that the information contained in these links is the opinion of the authors, government agencies or companies. InspectOC is not responsible for any content, and the information should not be relied upon solely for decisions which may affect your property or for purchase decisions.
- We always recommend getting a qualified, licensed specialist as appropriate for opinions or evaluation of your specific property or circumstances.
Appliance Recalls - While we cannot provide a comprehensive list of brands and models, we provide links to the Consumer Products Safety Commission Website, and selected recalls that have come to our attention.
- Consumer Products Safety Commission Website - http://cpsc.gov
- Bosch/Siemens Dishwashers 01/09 - CLICK HERE
- Viking Gas Range 05/15 - http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2015/Viking-Range-Recalls-Gas-Ranges/
- Kenmore Elite Gas Range 05/15 http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2015/Electrolux-Recalls-Kenmore-Elite-Ranges/
Asbestos - http://www.epa.gov/asbestos/
Disaster Preparedness & Tips
-The links below may help with preparing your home and family BEFORE a disaster strikes, and also help during and after.
Drywall - Chinese Drywall
- Consumer Products Safety Commission Information on reported problems with Chinese Drywall. Please note that a Home Inspection cannot identify or confirm whether or not a home has imported Drywall from China. There have been numerous complaints from owners of properties built or remodeled using suspected material between 2004 through 2008. While the reported problems are less common in California, it is still possible to find this material. Further information can be obtained at the following link - CLICK HERE
- Aluminum Wiring - CLICK HERE
- Federal Pacific Panels/Stablock Breakers - http://inspectapedia.com/fpe/FPE_Stab_Lok_Hazards.php
- Zinsco Panels - http://www.inspectapedia.com/electric/Zinsco.htm
- Because of the potential dangers with open flames in fireplaces, and the associated fire danger with improper installation, damage or simply age of the assembly, the NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency) recommends a Level II fireplace inspection whenever a home transfers ownership. A general home inspection does not constitute a Level II inspection. CLICK HERE for information about NFPA Rule 211.
Fireplaces, Pre-Cast Concrete
- Rampart General or similar manufactured fireplaces - http://www.fireassociates.org/media/pre-cast.pdf
- Consolidated/Premiere Horizontal Furnaces - Consumer Products Safety Council Links:
- Fire Safety Investigator Michael Whedon - Article on Recalled Furnaces:
Lead Paint - Consumer Products Safety Commission - Guide to Lead Paint Safety
- Information and Fix-it Guide http://www.mobilehome.com/repair.php
Moisture and Mold - EPA Guidelines http://www.epa.gov/mold/moldguide.html
- Safety Barrier Guidelines for Home Pools - CLICK HERE
- Virginia Graeme Baker Act (Spa Return Covers & Entrapment Safety) - CLICK HERE
- ABS Drain & Waste Plumbing - ABS_Info
- Polybutylene (PB) Supply Plumbing - http://www.polybutylenelawsuit.com/
- Water Heater Strapping Information Water Heater Bracing CA Dept. of State Architect
Earthquake Country Website
- Cal-Shake Composite Tile Roofs
Class Action Information: http://www.calshakeclassaction.com/
Need a Contractor Referral? CLICK HERE
Know the Condition of Your Home BEFORE Buying or Selling
REAL ESTATE INSPECTIONS - RESIDENTIAL / COMMERCIAL
Four Sevan, LLC, dba: InspectOC